WEST LANCASHIRE SPORT PARTNERSHIP are contracted to deliver the nationally funded School Games Programme for all West Lancashire schools.
The School Games is a unique opportunity to motivate and inspire millions of young people across the country to take part in competitive school sport. We work with all schools to:
• Increase the number of primary, secondary and special schools engaging in School Games
• Work with other Lancashire School Games Organisers and the Lancashire Organising Committee to develop appropriate, progressive competitive opportunities for all young people.
• Ensure that the local competition calendar is aligned to club pathways and competition priority formats as outlined by National Governing Bodies of Sport.
• Deliver a cultural component of School Games across all schools.
• Develop a workforce to deliver School Games locally.
• Provide support and training for schools to deliver Change4Life Sports Clubs to increase physical activity levels in less physically active young people.
• Provide support for schools to successfully apply for the School Games Mark Accreditation ,
Access to the School Games is free of charge for all schools across West Lancashire. However, as outlined by Sport England, minor charges will be levied upon schools where unavoidable costs are incurred in delivering an event (e.g. to cover the cost of medals or facility hire). Please note that these costs are incorporated into the ‘CORE OFFER’ which schools can buy into using Primary Sports Premium funding.
If you have any questions regarding School Games, please contact our School Sport Manager - Chris Hart firstname.lastname@example.org